Application for Honorable Dismissal

Applying for an honorable dismissal would mean a voluntary withdrawal from the program and is applicable only to non-graduating students. However, if the student has a plan of enrolling again to any UP units, s/he should not request for a certificate of honorable dismissal. Students who are applying for honorable dismissal must write a letter to the University Registrar and file for university clearance.

Visit the University Clearance page for more information about clearance to UPOU.


  1. Accomplished University Clearance Form. Indicate ‘Honorable Dismissal’ as reason for clearing.

How to Apply for Honorable Dismissal:

Step 1: Mail or bring the accomplished University Clearance form to:

The Records Section
Office of the University Registrar
UP Open University
Los Baños, Laguna 4031 Philippines

or email scanned copies to [email protected].

Step 2: Wait for an email from the OUR for status.